[IIAB] [XSCE] Timeline for OLPC School Server Integration

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Wed Jul 10 13:25:24 PDT 2013

Thanks Braddock!  Our "Aug 25 - Sept 7" trip to Haiti hopes to implement
XSCE 0.4 + IIAB in 2 exceptional schools for almost 1000 of Haiti's poorest
kids.  A 3rd schools may be added later.  All 1000 kids will not have
access immediately (many cannot read) but this trip will have quite large
impact globally I suspect, given the growing attention we're getting around
http://youtube.com/unleashkids eg. all are welcome 10AM EDT this Saturday
for an XSCE Sprint open community Hangout whose DRAFT announcement is
attached!

[image: Inline image 2]

DRAFT blurb to accompany this: "Arising from the OLPC movement, the School
Server Community Edition (XSCE) is free software being created by volunteer
professionals for the world's poorest children. By providing  free offline
content, collaboration and Internet tools, it equips teachers around the
world with exciting new ways to enable high-quality learning."