[IIAB] autocompletion search

Joel Steres joel.steres at ymobility.com
Sat Mar 9 15:25:38 PST 2013

Based on suggestions at HAK I added prototype of a search autocomplete
feature.  To offload the server I pass all the possible matches to the
client at once rather than interactively getting autocomplete
suggestions from the server on each keypress.  The result is it is too
big/slow and only matches single strings.  Still, would someone please
test it and tell me if it is worth pursuing. (Note may require
patience.  When I loaded it from zhen across several network hops it
took 11 seconds before it was loaded.  Not sure why especially when
the response code was 304, not modified.)

Autocomplete is only attached to the search box at
http://127.0.0.1:25000/iiab/books/