[IIAB] [UKids] IIAB Software Install

Braddock Gaskill braddock at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 15:22:52 PDT 2014

The issue is that you have installed the IIAB software from the rpms.  The
RPMs are not supported any more.  That old version of the software will not
support the new dataset.

The recommended way to install is pip, as per the installation guide.  This
unfortunately requires gcc on the system.  We had discussed some months ago
using "wheel" but never settled on anything.

The link should be to wikipedia.index-with_content_new for the full text
wikipedia search.  The old (not _new) versions will be removed at some
point.

wikipedia-index -> wikipedia-index.with_content_new

If that link is not present on the new clones of the dataset hard drive
(and please write the version number on each drive for our sanity) then
something went wrong or it was not copied correctly and we need to know.

The use of the symlink was a bad idea, but I didn't have time.

You can also find the dataset version number in knowledge/modules/INFO.json

-braddock