[IIAB] [UKids] Internet-in-a-Box speed profiling tips on different CPUs?

Tim Moody tim at timmoody.com
Sat Jun 7 06:05:40 PDT 2014

Of course, the trick in all this is to make the tests repeatable so that comparisons are meaningful.  I agree with Tony that accessing select maps, wiki pages, and perhaps videos are good candidate load tests and I would add some collaborative tests that exercise ejabberd.

Some efforts have been made in the past such as http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Load_Testing by one of Sameer’s grad students and hyperactivity http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/server-devel/2008-September/002156.html, which I never got to work with xsce.

Apache JMeter or another tool might help in all this http://jmeter.apache.org/.  There are commercial tools that allow scripting of server requests, but most are expensive.

Tim