[IIAB] IIAB

Braddock braddock at braddock.com
Fri May 30 11:50:59 PDT 2014

Hi Denny,

I continue to have very limited time for IIAB for the foreseeable
future.  However, we have a new volunteer, Curt Thompson, who was
actually in Haiti last year and has an interest in taking over some of
the IIAB development.  I have CC'ed him and the IIAB mailing list.

Among Curt's first tasks are to add the ability to easily supplement
the IIAB content with local data such as your Creole library, and to
figure out what is required to get Khan Academy Lite installed with
French videos.

I'm glad you are getting IIAB running on a laptop.  Following the
directions you should have a fully functional IIAB server without much
difficultly.  If you are having issues with Wikipedia please give us a
more technical report on what you did and what instructions you
followed.  It is probably something very simple.

Who is doing the technical work?

I'm glad you found a home for the last IIAB appliance in Thomasique.
Please send the check to the old address:
Braddock Gaskill
1720 Mission St. Apt 7
South Pasadena, CA
91030

That is unfortunately the last IIAB hardware appliance unless I find a
volunteer willing to take up the task of installing and deploying them
(moderate technical skill required).  We are focusing instead on the
software and methods to allow anyone to install the dataset on their
hardware of choice now, such as you are doing with your laptop, and as
the XSCE and Bernie school server projects are doing.

- -braddock