[IIAB] Fwd: See A Real LocalFi System In Action! Intenet-In-A-Box

Braddock braddock at braddock.com
Tue Apr 16 09:58:23 PDT 2013

A buzz is building....

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	See A Real LocalFi System In Action! Intenet-In-A-Box
Date: 	Mon, 15 Apr 2013 23:15:39 -0700
From: 	Caryl Bigenho <cbigenho at hotmail.com>
To: 	LocalFi Unplugged <localfiteam at geekid.org>
CC: 	Braddock <braddock at braddock.com>

Hi Team!

Very exciting news. Last Thursday evening my husband and I went to the
San Gabriel Valley Linux Users Group meeting at CalTech to learn about
the *"Internet-In-A-Box"* project that Braddock Gaskill and several
friends have been working on. It worked perfectly on all 4 XO models I
brought to the meeting (XO-1, XO-1.5, XO-1.75, and XO-4) and even worked
on my little Samsung Galaxy phone! It seemed to work on all the other
devices people brought too.
In a week or 2 we will be putting the XO-1s from the olpc-SoCal lending
library in a small school at a women's shelter here in Southern
California. They will probably be field-testing it there.

Braddock is interested in working with LocalFi and being listed on our
website as one of the available resources we can link to. Of course, we
will also have Tony's great Learn System with his child and teacher
friendly learning management system, Sebastian's system for Spanish
speakers, and the official OLPC/Sugar Labs system. That will give folks
at least 4 different and excellent choices for their LocalFi set up!
Now, we need to start collecting other resources and exploring
incorporating as an NGO.

You can see a short 10 minute video of the introduction or even see the
whole hour+ presentation  at this link:
http://internet-in-a-box.org

Enjoy!
Caryl