[IIAB] iiab problems

Braddock braddock at braddock.com
Tue Aug 13 12:01:15 PDT 2013

On 08/13/2013 04:42 AM, Tony Anderson wrote:
> I installed it on my Ubuntu laptop. The install seemed to go
> smoothly. However, when I run iiab-sever, I get
[...]
> ImportError: No module named flaskext.babel

Hi Tony,
Thanks for catching this.  It was a versioning issue with the latest
version of the Flask-Babel dependency.

I have fixed it in version 0.4.9 and pushed it to PyPi just now.  It
should work for you if you run:

sudo pip uninstall Internet-in-a-Box
sudo pip install Internet-in-a-Box

> The more important problem is on the schoolserver.

What version of CentOS is School Server 0.7 based on?  Is there an ISO
for XS 0.7 we could install to a virtual machine for testing here?

> The schoolserver is not connected to the internet so yum is not
> useful.

Is it normal to install a school server without internet access at
install time?  There are several approaches we could work out if that
is the case.  We could build a local repository of RPMs if that is
necessary, or make a python virtualenv with all of the dependencies in
one tarball.

> I need to set up the needed rpms and install. In addition, the
> XS-0.7 has python 2.6.

I have not tested with python 2.6 for several months, it is very
likely broken - but probably easy for us to fix.

> The catch is backports.lzma which requires gcc. Daniel did not
> include Are you using this to decompress files and could the lzma
> be replaced

backports.lzma is our most troublesome dependency, unfortunately it is
necessary to read the ZIM file format that all the wikipedia dumps
from the Kiwix community are in.  We have tried alternatives but
nothing really cuts it.

> this in the build. Unfortunately, rpm reports missing dependencies.
> When I try to satisfy them, I am getting conflicting files

Sounds like you are in "dependency hell" independent of IIAB.

We will get you up and running one way or another.

- -braddock