[IIAB] iiab problems

Braddock braddock at braddock.com
Tue Aug 13 16:11:00 PDT 2013

Hi Tony,
I went ahead and installed XS 0.7 on CentOS 6.2 in a VirtualBox
machine from the ISO at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Installing_Software

I was able to get iiab-server running with the following (as root):

yum install python-pip gcc python-devel xz-devel
pip install Internet-in-a-Box
pip install --upgrade SQLAlchemy
tar xvzf IIAB_QuickStart_Sampler_20130809.tgz
/etc/init.d/iptables stop

iiab-server

Browse to http://192.168.1.196:25000/iiab

That is mostly taken from the INSTALL.txt directions for Fedora.

The only weird extra thing was that I needed to upgrade SQLAlchemy
explicitly.

Of course you will need internet access to get gcc and the other
pre-requisites, which is needed to build both backports.lzma and
SQLAlchemy.

The only thing that doesn't work is Wikipedia.  I'll look into that.
Apparently we are still Python 2.6 compatible.

- -braddock