[IIAB] New IIAB Version and QuickStart Dataset

John Kim thinkndev at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 05:45:16 PDT 2013

Hi,

It's been several weeks now, but I finally got around.  Tested as of
08/29/13.

On 08/10/2013 12:29 PM, Braddock wrote:

> I have pushed version 0.4.8 of Internet-in-a-Box to the Fedora yum
> repositories and PyPi.
>
> I have uploaded a new QuickStart dataset to
> http://downloads.internet-in-a-box.org/IIAB_QuickStart_Sampler_20130809.tgz
>

> John Kim and Anna, please help me test.
>

> Also, I have made available a complete IIAB installation at:
> http://home.braddock.com:28105/iiab
>

> New features:
>
> 1) Multiple Languages: French, Haitian Creole, Chinese.
> TO TEST: you can select your language in the Settings page, or set
> your preferred locate in your web browser.  Will need to reload page.
Works on complete database, sometimes without need of reload.
Works on quickstart, though it requires reload.
*Conclusion*: Works.

> 2) Wikipedia title search
> TO TEST: Search in the wikipedia version present in the QuickStart dataset
Quickstart provides Esperanto (nice language!) Wikipedia, called Vikipetã.
Searched up "Ubuntu" and found a small page.
*Conclusion*: Works.
> 3) Maps City Search
> TO TEST: search for cities using the new search bar on the Maps page

COMPLETE:

    I searched up 'Los Angeles' and the search bar reports 4 reports
    when there are actually 3.
    Zooming in and zooming out gives me the appropriate map images.

QUICKSTART:

    I searched up 'Los Angeles' and the search bar reports 4 reports
    when there are actually 3... again.
    I zoomed in (scroll up) to look at these destinations when the maps
    greyed out. See my screenshot. [1] Maybe this is because maps data
    isn't on the Quickstart.

*Conclusion*: Needs work?
> 4) Cleaner HTML Books and epubs
> TO TEST: search Books for "Alice in Wonderland", choose the
> illustrated version (the only version which will not say "Not
> Available").  Click "Read" to see the HTML version with images, click
> "Download (epub)" to see the EPub version.

A little difficult for me to process, but I'll do my best.

COMPLETE:

    The only one that is not available is titled "6. Alice's Adventures
    in Wonderland." [2]  The page does not include a "Read" and
    "Download (epub)" as expected.
    So I looked at "5. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" with Lewis
    Carroll as author and Gordon Robinson as illustrator.
    The html version is perfect. Using Epubreader for firefox, I can
    also view the epub version as well.

QUICKSTART:

    Here, all but one is marked not available. The only available book
    is also "5. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland," with Lewis Carroll as
    author and Gordon Robinson as illustrator.
    The html version works. The 'Download Epub' led me to an IO error,
    which read /IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
    '/home/john/internet-in-a-box/iiab/knowledge/modules/gutenberg-epub-images/33/pg19033.epub'
    /I believe the IOError applies to all books in the quickstart, as
    these epub images don't exist.

*Conclusion*: Needs work? (Want to make the epubs available on the
quickstart or is that too big?)

Ok, mission accomplished.  Sorry I took so long.

[1] http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/9519/9pok.png
[2] http://home.braddock.com:28105/iiab/books/search?q=alice+in+wonderland

--
John Kim