[IIAB] Feedback from Haiti volunteer meeting

Braddock braddock at braddock.com
Sat Dec 7 15:05:06 PST 2013

Hi IIAB folks,
Denny Baumann held a meeting in Virginia with about a dozen volunteers
involved with Haiti work yesterday to show them the Internet-in-a-Box
appliance I loaned him.

They have put together a lot of feedback, both good and bad, about
their experiences with it.  I'll will send some of it along.

Collectively they are probably going to order a bunch to try in Haiti.

I am going to need help coordinating and assembling units, as well as
adding requested features.  Anyone interested in helping put together
and cloning IIAB devices?  It would be a great help to have a second
person trained to do it.

At their meeting they hit the device pretty hard and crashed it a few
times.  13 simultaneous gutenberg searches proved too much for the
128MB Seagate GoFlex.

We are going to need beefier hardware.  I've been looking at some of
the newer Buffalo NAS devices.  I could use help here as well.

Some feedback below.  I'll forward more over.

- -braddock