[IIAB] [XSCE] IIAB RPMs fixed for latest version

Braddock braddock at braddock.com
Wed Jul 10 17:27:05 PDT 2013

Hi George,

First, check permissions and ownership on /mnt/usb0/knowledge/modules

Then try to restart iiab-server with the USB drive already plugged in.
 I suspect there is a bug which causes the Gutenberg database to not
properly load if the USB drive isn't connected when iiab-server
starts.  I'll address that.

Does the main page at http://localhost:25000/iiab display an error in
red text that it cannot find the /knowledge directory?

Does Maps work?  How about Software?  They are the simplest services.

- -braddock

On 07/10/2013 04:47 PM, James McDuffie wrote:
> It would be helpful to get the full stack trace from your Apache
> error log. The snipped part you gave doesn't tell us where in our
> software the problem is occurring. You should have both the
> Wikipedia and Gutenberg errors in the error log. The reason you
> don't see the error for the Wikipedia page displayed on screen is
> because the Ajax portion of the interface is trying to load the
> page behind the scenes.
>

> If your /etc/iiab.conf file is wrong then the main page will tell
> you it can not find the knowledge directory. Make sure in your
> iiab.conf you point to the knowledge directory, not the modules
> directory under it. And if your just pointing to /mnt/usb0 in your
> iiab.conf then what you really need is /mnt/usb0/knowledge, or
> wherever the knowledge directory is located.
>

> On Wed, Jul 10, 2013, at 04:33 PM, George Hunt wrote:
>
> Advice?  We have been able to install the rpm, and we get the
> first page at [1]172.18.96.1:25000/iiab. The first page has numbers
> at the right side that I would infer corresponding to the number of
> items under each choice. Clicking on wikipedia gets an "error
>
> Click on gutenberg gets a page with search, and 2 list buttons.
> These all return a long tractback with default.py at the end.
> <snip> *
>
> File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/pool.py", line
> 344, in __connect connection = self.__pool._creator()
>
> *
>
> File
> "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/strategies.py",

line 80, in connect