[IIAB] Internet-in-a-Box Release for OLPC OS

Braddock braddock at braddock.com
Tue Jun 18 22:04:19 PDT 2013

Hi School Server Folks,
I have an initial release of Internet-in-a-Box for Fedora 18 and OLPC OS
13.1 (at least that's what I've tested on).

The software is packaged as an RPM on a yum repository I'm hosting. I'm
also providing a 400MB mini-dataset which you can use to test all of the
IIAB software functionality.

Installation instructions are at:
https://github.com/braddockcg/internet-in-a-box/blob/master/INSTALL.txt

See section entitled:
"Installation from yum repository on Fedora 18 or OLPC OS"

All you need to do is add my yum repository, install Internet-in-a-Box
with yum, download and untar the QuickStart Sampler dataset, and you can
run.  Additional instructions are also provided to configure iiab as a
WSGI service.

I've tested all of these instructions on an OLPC XSCE installation Anna
provided me access to.

I'll be getting Adam or George and David a USB drive full of the entire
Internet-in-a-Box dataset.  You should be able to just plug the USB
drive in and the IIAB software will find it automatically. In the
meanwhile, you can test just about everything with the QuickStart
Sampler dataset.

-braddock