[IIAB] [KIWIX][INTERNET-IN-A-BOX] Nice project!

Emmanuel Engelhart kelson at kiwix.org
Thu Mar 28 08:25:39 PDT 2013

Hi Braddock

On 03/28/2013 04:00 PM, Braddock wrote:
> You mentioned monacle as a Javascript e-book reader. I took a look at
> it, and it looked pretty good. Have you used it?

No, this is something I have to do in the future.

> One thing I couldn't figure out is if an epub format e-book (using the
> extension someone made) had to be loaded from the local filesystem. I
> guess it might be a bit heavyweight to toss epub books around.

Not sure to follow your though, but the EPUB files used by monocle are
available through HTTP, so mostly online. But, of course the EPUB can be
available on the local file system or embedded in a ZIM file. In any
case, I'm pretty confident that javascript/monocle is perfectly able to
deal with EPUB files of a few MB.

Emmanuel