[IIAB] [Localization] [XSCE] Haitian Creole

Braddock braddock at braddock.com
Fri Sep 6 16:25:27 PDT 2013

On 09/05/2013 07:48 PM, Chris Leonard wrote:
> Your hack involves the simple expedient of copying the French CLDR
> locale fr.xml to "cfp".  If instead you were to copy the French
> CLDR lcoale to "ht", I believe you would have a better solution and
> a better behaving hack.

Creating an 'ht' locale was the first thing I tried.  But the CLDR
does not have language name mappings for 'ht' - the closest thing was
'cfp'.

I spent the better part of a day on this, and got the best results I
could given time constraints, project priorities, and a strong desire
not to hack up the language code into a mangled mess.

- -braddock