[IIAB] [UKids] IIAB Software Install - OpenStreetMaps

Braddock Gaskill braddock at braddock.com
Sat Jul 12 14:09:59 PDT 2014

Just a note for the public list archives, I looked at the machine with the
problem running map searches and it was another permission issue.  It was
diagnosed and resolved as below:

I've openvpn'ed in.  The issue with map search on that machine is that the
knowledge/modules/geonames_index directory still has the wrong permissions.

See /var/log/httpd/error_log which reports:
OError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/media/usb0/knowledge/modules/geonames_index/_MAIN_1.toc', referer:
http://5.5.1.15/iiab/static/map.html

global read (a+r) permission is not enough to traverse directories,
executable (a+rx) is also required.

I fixed it with a:
chmod a+rx -Rv /media/usb0/knowledge

Everything seems to be working now (Wikipedia full text search, map search).