[IIAB] install problems

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Fri Aug 16 13:51:46 PDT 2013

Hi,

As I mentioned the gcc problem has been solved by installing lzma built
on the Ubuntu system. I ran the test and it ran perfectly. Also the
installs dependent on lzma accepted it.

The reason for the install of the packages is that the internet-in-a-box
assumes the install occurs online. I downloaded the corresponding tar or
zip files and installed each separately.

As a result, I have the latest of each package.

SQLalchemy is 0.82, Flask-SQLalchemy is 1.0.

Since both of these are Python packages, I can't see how this import
error occurs.

Ultimately, the way I got off the beaten path is not have being online.
What I could do now is use yum with the CentOS repository to install pip
and retry the install. However, as you mentioned, the state of the
server is unknown due to all the installs and re-installs.

It looks like several of these packages are based on Django. Was there a
particular reason you chose to go with Flask instead of Django?

When I get back home (end of September), I plan to purchase another box
and use it to test the install process from scratch. It may be that I
won't be able to get iiab working until then.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Yours,

Tony