[IIAB] [XSCE] Rendrering maps on XO1 at Silar's Orphanage Haiti

Braddock braddock at braddock.com
Wed Sep 4 10:46:46 PDT 2013

On 09/01/2013 01:12 PM, Adam Holt wrote:
> Braddock, Might you also know why accents appear wrong within
> IIAB's French Wikipedia?

Hi Adam,
I've opened an issue ticket on this:
https://github.com/braddockcg/internet-in-a-box/issues/77

It is due to inconsistent language encodings in the wikipedia dumps we
get from the Kiwix project.  We need to hack around it (and have
indeed tried, but obviously not well enough).

- -braddock

> For example the very main page of
> http://schoolserver/iiab/zim/iframe/wikipedia_fr_all_09_2012 shows
> in both schools here in Haiti as:
>
> *   Wikipédia* est une encyclopédie
> <http://schoolserver/iiab/zim/wikipedia_fr_all_09_2012/A/Encyclop%C3%83%C2%A9die.html>

multilingue, universelle et librement diffusable